The popularity of the internet, evolving customer demands, squeeze to improve business process, and need to establish relationships with suppliers, customers and business partners all these factors are pushing organizations close to Enterprise Resource Planning. So, now what is ERP? Every business has unique processes and requirements. But ultimately, organization needs technology with the comprehensive business functionalities that makes connection between enterprise processes. ERP Software helps organizations manage their accounting, supply chain, reporting, manufacturing, operations and human resources.
There are difference phases of ERP Implementation Life Cycle: –
– Pre evaluation screening: In pre-evaluation phase, take decision for perfect package and eliminates those packages which are not suitable for the organizations business processes. Selection process is done with the best package.
– Evaluation Package: In which package is selected on basis of different parameters. Test and certify the efficiency of the package and also check the package coordination with the different departments of the company. Selected package will completely determine the failure or success of the project.
– Project Planning: It includes design of the implementation process. In which allocated tasks to the implementation team. Resources are identified which will be using in the organization. Special arrangement is also made to tackle contingencies.
– GAP Analysis: It is the most important phase of the company. In which, organizations create model of where they are standing now and where they want to go in the future.
– Reengineering: After the implementing of the ERP system in the organization, it impacts the number of employees and their responsibilities as well. So, new responsibilities are assigned to the employees. Processes are to be re- structured and integrated with Enterprise Resource Planning.
– Team Training: It is the training phase, in which developers provide the proper training of the ERP System to the team.
– Testing: It is the testing phase and finds all those links which are not strong. Arising points rectified and changes are made as per the requirements.
– Post Implementation: After the complete process ERP System configuration and installation. Once the legacy system is removed and new system is live. Now, maintenance phase is left; in which developers provide the maintenance to the ERP system as per the business requirements.
This is the complete implementation process of the ERP System. There are many professionals or third party companies for providing end to end solutions of ERP software at effective costs and within committed deadline.
Implementation Life Cycle of ERP System includes couple of phases for live the software. It covers many services software and hardware requirements, project management, change management, data migration, training, documentation and go-live event. It must be done by ERP professionals otherwise you may lose your essential information and data of the organization.